Tuesday, April 24, 2007

1310 KFKA and Countdown to Looking Glass

LIVE from the 1310 KFKA Studios situated in Greeley, Colorado I am now sitting at my new desk (pictures will follow soon!) and I am really wondering is this all worth it? To all those who have supported this crazy endeavor to this point I say with all humbleness and sincerity as possible THANK-YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

I joked for so long with some of you how there are only 24 hours in a day and once we went to a 37 hour day I would have a chance. How I am going to handle the commute back and forth I do not know, I continue to maintain we are looking 4.00 a gallon gasoline right in the eye, and I am still called "kooky"? Even though I knew this walking in I did not take into full account how hard we are all struggling just to make ends meet.

Is it me or do more Americans seem to be worried about keeping their jobs instead of doing them? Why are we so afraid of self-assertion for what we want as long as no one gets hurt? Why are we so quick to take a no as face value without an explanation making sense? Were we not all brought up that we give the next generation a better chance than the one we had?

Why are we all so afraid now that we get up, go to work, go home and lock our doors and shut everything out?---- I think that the answer is just a little to simple.

FEAR--- Fear of being fired, fear of being offensive, fear of confrontation, fear of intimidation, fear of crime and violence, and yet what are we watching on the television, reading on the Internet, and listening to on the radio?

I am learning that put in simplest terms, that we are a very few different type people and the categories we fall in to. Everyone knows someone and it may even be yourself, who does not do what they want for a myriad of reasons, whether it be, "I can't because..." (you fill in the blank) or the people who say ..."Well I cant do that because of money..." or the best one I heard yet, "They won't let you do that."... I am tired of people telling me "no" who quite frankly are not in the position of being able to say "yes"!

Taking the "no's" of those who couldn't tell me yes and some extra gear that I had stashed from my mobile dj'ing I set forth to build a "podcast studio" so that I along with some friends could keep doing what it was we really loved.

WORKING!

5 short years ago I was "just a night-club dj who does morning show gag radio", and never considered to be taken with a serious side. This is only after struggling for 15 years to become, "just a night-club dj who does morning show gag radio".

The Internet has if nothing else shown that even an idiot like me with enough persistence can do this. I loved News/Sports/Talk radio from the time I was a child suffering from insomnia, and although I still suffer the insomnia I get to be like the hero's of my childhood...

Now its 743pm MDT and I am off ot do show prep.

Tonites show is dedicated to Harmon Killebrew. (My Hero)
You may know "Harmon" as Greg Thunder from the KS95 Morning show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scooter, my name is Kay I live in JohnsTown I religiously listen to your talk show every night! other than the fact you are a nut!I really like how you present the news and what is really going on even coast to coast has slowed down on all the current Gov luminate stuff it hasn't been the same since Art Bell retired.I can see you being a very intelligent minded person with avery high IQ,I'll bet at times life can be difficult for you great news cast thank you for being so brave to talk about all this on your news cast sincerly Kay Knudtson.