Friday, July 20, 2007

Show Progress?

I have to admit, I am not doing very well. The show is an all-consuming, time eating, economic pit for me right now. I am getting ready this weekend after tonites show to head back to Denver for the 2ND to last time to get some of the last "little" things before next Saturdays "official" move to Northern Colorado.

I say that up front as I do not miss my old job, nor the 24/7 series of nightmares that it provided me because I also LOVE my job no matter what it is!

The problems are for example the COST OF GASOLINE, of which you already know how I feel. Keeping a condo for 3 months longer than I should have because I did not have faith in myself. Leaving a job that I was at for almost a decade and I have not yet however discussed ever WHY I took a this career changing move. For those who have tried to follow this show and it's preceding shows on the Internet don't even know.

In Oct. '04 I had already seen the writing on the wall in the world of "Politics" and It's role in the media, NOT the Media's role in POLITICS. Advertisers control show content, product placement, and ultimately those who deliver THEIR message not yours. Americans are no longer, we are members of The North American Union. The National ID card IS coming and we are being monitored 24-7/365. I could not talk about American Idol anymore while men, women, and children are tortured at the hands of our very own government and because its not "flashy" news, it never happened?

I decided that enough was enough and for everyone who said I would never get my own talk show, even if I am taken off the air after tonite, I did what I set out to do. Only will historians be able to really determine if I made a small difference.

I will say this...I am rather uncomfortable with being called "The Art Bell Of Northern Colorado" as its shoes in my opinion just too large to fill.

I hope I do not let you down North America.

Scooter McGee

No comments: